Syllabi for the Preliminary Examination
PAPER I: 200 MARKS; DURATION: TWO HOURS.
- Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required).
- General Science.
PAPER II: 200 MARKS; DURATION: TWO HOURS.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (Will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation).