Army Exercise Mitra shakti-VI
- India and its neighbourhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
What to study?
- Salient features of the Mitra Shakti Exercise.
- Significance of the exercise key challenges of insurgency and terrorism, piracy, strengthening of bilateral ties with neighbours
Exercise MITRA SHAKTI is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of India & Sri Lanka. The joint exercise for the year 2018-19 will be conducted from 26 March to 08 April 2019 in Sri Lanka.
Aim of the Exercise
- Build and promote close relations between armies of both the countries
- To enhance ability of joint exercise commander to take military contingents of both nations under command.
- It involves tactical level operations in an international Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorist environment under United Nations mandate.
- It will go a long way in further cementing relationship between both the nations
- It will act as a catalyst in bringing synergy and cooperation at grassroots levels between both the armies.