- India and its neighbourhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
What to study?
- Salient features of the IND-INDO CORPAT, SAGAR etc.
- Significance of the exercise in the region. strengthening of bilateral ties with neighbours
IND-INDO CORPAT will held from 19 Mar to 04 Apr 2019 at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India
This is the 33rd edition of the India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) and Closing Ceremony will be at Belawan, Indonesia. The ship and aircraft from both the countries would undertake patrolling on the respective sides of 236 nautical miles long International Maritime Boundary line.
Significance of the IND-INDO CORPAT Series
- The 33rdIND-INDO CORPAT coinciding with 70 years of India-Indonesia diplomatic ties.
- It seeks to underscore India’s peaceful presence and solidarity with friendly Maritime neighbours countries to ensure good order in the maritime domain.
- It consolidates interoperability and strengthens existing bonds of friendship between India and Indonesia.
- In addition, as part of the Indian Government’s vision of SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region), the Indian Navy has also been involved in assisting countries in the Indian Ocean Region with EEZ Surveillance, Search and Rescue, and other capacity-building and capability-enhancement activities